Documentation - Hokoku
- Unzip the zip file you have downloaded
- Copy the hokoku folder found at system/user/addons/hokoku into your system/user/addons/ folder
- In the Control Panel, go to Add-Ons => Modules and click the install link next to Hokoku
- Install both the module and extension
- Verify that your EE cache folder (typically at
/system/user/cache) has the right permissions (777). Hokoku uses this folder to build the export file.
- Unzip the update zip file you have downloaded.
- Copy the hokoku folder found at system/user/addons/hokoku into your system/user/addons/ folder, overwriting its contents.
- In the Control Panel, go to Add-Ons => Modules and click the “Run Modules Updates” link in the top right of the screen.
- The module list should then show the latest version of the add-on.
Enabling access to Hokoku for other member groups
As Hokoku is a module, to enable access to Hokoku for target member groups outside of Super Admins, module access must be enabled.
- As a Super Administrator, go to Add-ons » Modules » Hokoku » Member Access Settings
- Under Enable module for the following member groups:, select the member groups which should get access to Hokoku
NOTE: Enabling Hokoku for member groups will also enable display and access to the ADD-ONS and ADD-ONS => Modules sections in the Control Panel’s top navigation. This is a requirement of ExpressionEngine to be able to completely access Hokoku. To disable display/access to these sections afterwards, please visit the individual member group’s preferences.
- Creating your First Export Profile
- Managing Export Profiles
- Managing Member Access to Export Profiles
- Exporting from Zenbu
- Exporting from a Template
After installing Hokoku, visit Zenbu and click on the Export button, followed by Manage export profiles , or access Hokoku directly from the CP => Add-ons => Hokoku.
- To create a new export profile, select “Create new export profile”
- In Profile name, give your export profile a name. This will appear in Zenbu after using the Export this search button and selecting the profile for export.
- Select a file format. Choices are currently CSV, HTML and JSON
- Under Options, complete the options for your export file format. For the Filename, EE date format characters are accepted, eg. export_%Y-%m-%d.
- (If permitted) Chose to copy this export profile to a member group by selecting it from the list
- Save this export profile to save your settings.
In the Permissions section, administrators can set permissions for each member group
- Can administrator own profiles: users from selected member groups can edit/delete their own export profiles
- Can view and use group profiles: users from selected member groups can view and use (not edit/delete) export profiles common for the member group.
- Can administrator group profiles: users from selected member groups can edit/delete export profiles common for the member group. This is usually for member groups with a more administrative role
- Can access Member Access Settings: users from selected member groups can access the Member Access Settings section. This is a powerful permissions and should be granted to member groups with more administrative roles.
- From within Zenbu, set up your display columns and search filters as you normally want to view them in Zenbu.
- After displaying a listing of entries, click the Export button.
- A list of export profiles will display. Click the export profile that you want to use.
- A dialog window will open and the export begins. Wait while Hokoku builds the file with the contents currently displayed in Zenbu. Once complete, you can download the file from the “Download” button.