Documentation - Zenbu
- Unzip the zip file you have downloaded
- Copy the zenbu folder found at system/user/addons/zenbu into your system/user/addons/ folder
- Copy the zenbu folder found at themes/user/zenbu into your themes/user/ folder
- In the Control Panel, go to the Add-Ons Manager section and click the “install” link next to “Zenbu”
- You can access the add-on from the Add-On Manager by clicking the “Gear” icon.
- Unzip the update zip file you have downloaded.
- Copy the zenbu folder found at system/user/addons/zenbu into your system/user/addons/ folder, overwriting its contents (i.e. make sure old files are not present in the folder).
- Copy the zenbu folder found at themes/user/zenbu into your themes/user/ folder, overwriting its contents (i.e. make sure old files are not present in the folder).
- In the Control Panel, go to the Add-Ons Manager section and click the “Update” link next to Zenbu.
- The module list should then show the latest version of the add-on.
The Entry Manager section is Zenbu’s main section. You can reach it from the Addons section or from the Control Panel’s main navigation, under Edit for member groups that have this feature turned on.
Entry filtering: Entries can be filtered using the various dropdowns in the “Search Entries” search form. Click the button to add a filtering rule, and the button to remove a filtering rule. Without any channel filtering, Zenbu displays entries from all channels with columns set up according to the All Channels display settings. When filtering by channel, additional entry data columns specific to the selected channel are displayed. Entries can be filtered by channel, status, sticky state, author, category, number of entries displayed by page, etc.
Displayed Entry data longer than screen: Some entries have a lot of data, and the results table in Zenbu may be longer (or wider) than the Control Panel width. In those cases, scroll the results table to the right to see the remaining columns. Alternatively, turn off the display of some columns from the Display settings section.
Searches made in Zenbu can be saved for later re-use. This is useful for quickly retrieving complex search results or to keep track of your entries.
After completing a Zenbu search, save the search by clicking the Saved Searches button ( icon), then select Save this search. Give the search a name, and click the “Save” button. The search will then be available in the “Saved Searches” dropdown.
Saved Search Manager
Clicking the Managed Saved Searches in the Saved Searches dropdown allows you can manage saved searches through a dialog window.
- To change the label of a search, simply type in its text field. The label should update on its own.
- To change the order of saved searches, drag the searches using the left-hand side handles in the desired order. The order should update on its own.
- To delete a search, select it from the right-hand checkbox and click the Delete button at the bottom of the dialog.
This section lets you control how entry data and custom fields are displayed in the Entry Manager section. You can access this section from the top-right Settings button ( icon) in Zenbu.
Showing/Hiding columns: Show columns by checking the checkbox in the “Available fields” column on the left pane. The column gets added in the right pabe. Hide columns by unchecking the same field.
Changing the order of fields: To change the order in which columns will be displayed in the Entry Manager, simply shuffle the column order by dragging the items in the right pane vertically using the left-side handles.
Extra options: Some columns offer additional display options. You can view these by clicking the “cogs” icon on the right of the enabled column.
Filter Settings: In this section you can customize general areas of Zenbu, such as the default sort setting, limit, etc.
This powerful section lets you enable or disable access features for your own or other member groups, as well as grant or not access to the Zenbu module for specific member groups. You can access this section from the top-right Settings button ( icon) in Zenbu.